Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Gaslighting

So, just so you know, I have been a victim of "gaslighting" on multiple fronts. 

What is gaslighting? 

Well, when you Google it, the answer is ambiguous. But when you dig a little deeper, you realize it means fundamentally that people are lying to you, and are encouraging you to question your basic instincts of what is true or false. 

For example, when you are being treated wrongly, and the people who treated you wrongly say, it's not your fault. 

That's a huge red flag right there, and it is what I experience on a daily basis. 

I'm currently very upset, because I've been out of work for awhile, and have found a job with a company I've been doing freelance work with for the past 7 years, and have been promoted to a higher paying position paying almost double of what I've made before. 

Well, they hold back a month, and now the month has come due for payment, and I'm not receiving it. 

And I feel like I am being robbed.  

This is an example of gaslighting.

Update: Payment received. 

This does not in anyway minimize the magnitude of the gaslighting expressed in the post above, it's something I experience pretty frequently from the staff of my apartment complex. 

Where they are not doing their job right, and major problems occur, and they downplay them as being outside of their control, or act like you are somehow to blame, even though you had nothing to do with it, and were doing everything right. 

It is very difficult to deal with people who are completely lacking in reason and who are completely unwilling to take accountability for their actions and to learn from their mistakes. 

I call them the tribe of the Zika head. They're impossible to reason with. It's best to completely avoid all interaction with them, because no matter how reasonable your complaints, the outcome is rarely satisfactory, and any communication you have with them usually causes more aggravation than it's worth.

No comments: