Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Synchronicity in Real Time

So, over the years I've been a dabbler in divination, and have consulted the tarot cards and the I Ching, multiple times in my life, though I very rarely ever use it now.

I haven't done an I Ching reading in probably like 20 years, and have only consulted the tarot cards like four or five times in the past 10 years, so it's a relatively rare event.

Anyway, tonight I decided to do a reading for myself, but this reading was completely different than any reading I've ever done before. 

Ordinarily when giving readings for myself I would shuffle the deck of cards and deal the cards face down, one at a time: The first card representing the past, the second card representing the present, and the third card representing the future. 

The way this time differed is that instead of pulling a random card and then putting it face down and flipping it over, this time I kept shuffling the deck in my hands and then spreading the cards out in my hand like a fan, where all the cards were face down until a card revealed itself to me. Literally I would find a card face up, when all the others were face down. This was not premeditated. I've never done this before. And it worked. Between each draw I shuffled again with all cards to the best of my knowledge being face down. And all three cards turned up in this divination. 

The three cards were: The Knight of Cups, representing the past, and the Moon, representing the present, and the Ace of Pentacles representing the future. 

Prior to this, a few hours ago, I was having a conversation with someone, talking about living in a small apartment with a cat, and that having a bunk bed might be a good idea, you know, you sleep down below and your cat has a cat tree to perch in above. 

This caused a whole chain of events and associations in my mind. I remembered a close friend of mine from middle school, a boy, who was probably the smartest and highest IQ person I've ever known in my life. He was very gifted, he had an ant farm and played table top dungeons and dragons, and probably could have been a member of Mensa. I mean, I'm smart, but you know, I'm not a rocket scientist, if you know what I mean, but this guy was gifted in that way. 

I met him around 5th and 6th grade. He had a bunk bed, because he shared a room with his older brother. 

Anyway, I hadn't really thought of him in a few years, but because I was talking about bunk beds it triggered a memory in my mind of my old friend. So I Googled him and find an obituary associated with his name. Apparently his dad died like a few days ago, suddenly and unexpectedly. I mean how weird is that? Had I not been talking about bunk beds, I never would have even thought to look my friend up.

That's like the ultimate synchronicity right there. Anyway, this has reawakened a whole series of memories, and I could probably write thousands of pages about my relationship with my friend, as well as my childhood and teenage years, but I won't be doing that here. 

No comments: