Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2023

The Top Five Disco Songs of All Time

Now for something lighthearted and fun. 

After all there's only so much contemplation of illuminati death cults and the end of the world one can take. Yes, I am still alive and well, though struggling somewhat with a mysterious ten pound weight gain, poor quality sleep, and recurring thoughts of impending doom.  

So, today we will take a break and enjoy some good music. 

It's true that disco is not for everyone. It seems to be something that people either love or hate. It's funny because my parents were of the disco era and hated it. They were more into Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. I was born during the disco era, but too young to remember it, and probably never heard it growing up, but years later, when I finally did discover it, I loved it, always have.

Last night I found this list of the 37 best disco songs of all time, and I listened to every single song, with headphones, and picked out what I personally feel to be the best of the best, the top five disco songs of all time. There will be no Bee Gees or Barry White on my list. And sorry, no Blondie this time. But these five songs are solid gold. Listen to them in order, from five to one. I spent a lot of time deciding the order, and what goes together for DJ quality of blending, saving what I feel to be the best for last: Donna Summer, the epitome of disco, the mother goddess of electronic and techno house music, and arguably the best disco song of all time. Enjoy!

5) Le Freak, Chic


 


4) Thousand Finger Man, Candido


   

 

3) Love Hangover, Diana Ross


   

 

2) Brazilian Love Affair, George Duke



   

 

1) I Feel Love, Donna Summer



 

No comments: