Saturday, December 5, 2015

Dream of Spitting Up Bones

Had an unusual dream last night. My memory is short, just a snippet, but it had a powerful effect on me, simply because it was so odd and mysterious.

In the dream I coughed up some bones, about three of them, a little larger than teeth, but definitely not teeth. I spit them into my hand.

I was trying to find out what it meant in the dream, and think I had access to a computer. I looked it up, and the result was that spitting up bones was an indication that you are nearing the end of your life. That certain parts have worn out, and are literally breaking apart, hence the broken bones coming out of my mouth.

It's totally crazy, I know, but that's what happened in the dream. I'm sure there is some kind of symbolic meaning for it, perhaps a shamanic interpretation that could be attached to it, but I honestly haven't any idea what it means.

It reminds me of two other dreams I had a few years ago when I was still living at the house. One, was a dream of being eaten alive by a giant bird in a tree, either a hawk or an owl. The other was a dream where I was lying in bed, looking up at the ceiling, and seeing a skeleton looking back at me.

That's three dreams involving death and my own impending mortality.

No comments: