Friday, July 17, 2015

Descending Lemmon

I mentioned a couple posts down that before I move out of this city I'd like to ride my bike up Mount Lemmon. Well, nowhere near ready to do that. If anything, I'll just go up a few miles, and turn around. Need a lot more training, more mileage, getting used to riding at higher speeds and descending hills.

It is after all one of the most challenging rides in the entire country, with speeds potentially exceeding 40 mph, people have died coming down, losing control of their bikes and crashing into the cliff wall. Which means, definitely not a matter to be taken lightly, to be conducted in haste, without careful planning and preparation.

Anyway, to give you an idea of what the ride is like, here's an awesome video I found of a rider descending Mount Lemmon:

No comments: