Monday, March 9, 2015

Not So Comfortable


Okay, short story. Went on my weekly run to Trader Joe's today (Sunday). Stopped outside this Comfort Suites for a quick break. Decided to take a picture of my bicycle next to this lovely sign. Notice the white sign next to the door. If you click on the picture, it'll enlarge and you should be able to read it.

It's funny. It says: PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE OR THEFT TO VEHICLES OR VEHICLE CONTENTS.

Wow. What a way to make a person feel comfortable. After all, they are the Comfort Suites. Just had to share that. I appreciate irony when I see it.

Other than that my ride went fairly well. The weather is perfect, we only get a couple months of weather like this, you know temperatures in the 70s and 80s when most of the country is still plunged deep in the bitter cold fallout of winter. Then summer comes and you wish you were anywhere but here.

Anyway, on my way back I made a few video clips of my ride through ranch country and the bird sanctuary, but my camera is not very good, is ten years old and I'd be lucky to get ten bucks for it at a pawn shop. In other words, the videos suck. So I have to work out a few bugs there, or maybe get a new camera, ideally a helmet mounted camera for filming while riding my bike, which is something I'd love to do more of. But that'll have to wait, just wanted to keep you up to date.

No comments: