Monday, March 30, 2015

My Bike


This picture is from a few days ago. Doesn't look like Arizona, does it?  Looks more like somewhere in the African Serengeti, and that's why I like it. No aspirations of going to Africa, but it fascinates me nonetheless.

My bicycle seat is pointed slightly up in this picture, an issue I've been having for awhile, I adjust, set it level, tighten it as much as I can, and it points up every time I ride it. Finally, think I got it right.

Not only did I re-grease the seat attachment screw, and scuffed up the top of the seat post a bit with sand paper, what I did different was to add grease to the washer, which forms the seal between the screw and the seat post attachment clamp, that intermediary which attaches the seat to the post. So far so good.

Went for a ten mile ride today, over very bumpy roads, and it's holding up. A minor accomplishment. Bike love everybody. Subtle bicycle tips thinly veiled, only available to those who read everything, especially what is between the lines. My gift to the world.

No comments: