Sunday, December 21, 2014

Rio

Ah, yeah, not that it's necessary but, I wanted to alert YOU, the readers of this blog, that I probably won't be updating until the new year. Though it could change, but if it does it wouldn't be until next week at the earliest. Either way, in a sense, you could call this my 2014 farewell post.

Now for an obligatory status report:

I'm doing a lot of reading. I've got a huge amount of books to read, interlibrary loan, which take priority over everything else, because they cannot be renewed, but also a few other great finds I stumbled upon that will be read as soon as I can. I'm just kind of bogged down in reading material right now, spending less time on the computer, more time unplugged and in front of a book, but I've settled into a good rhythm, reading steadily without feeling pressured, so that I don't lose the joy. It's all about the joy of learning, the knowledge, what is gained, inspiration and information. Not looking for trivialities, but mind expanding stuff, and usually it's not labeled as such.

Still exercising. Intending to get serious about it, in the sense of elevating myself to the standards of the triathlete. Just for the record, I'm nowhere near there. Slim, I would say somewhat athletic looking, but as far as really being there, got a way to go, and I'm thinking I need to go there. That really is a primary center of my attention, reading and exercising, not a whole lot much else though. It's like those things need to fall into place in preparation for what follows.

Anyway, on a lighter note, been rekindling my love for 80's music, listening to some old stuff I haven't listened to in like over a decade, thinking I'll put together a "My favorite Songs of the 80's Mix Tape". Yeah, it's fluff, not the best music in the world, but I've been there, and I enjoy the memory. I hadn't really thought of it in awhile, but I was a huge fan of Duran Duran back then, I was just a kid but for a brief period of time they were one of my favorites. And so as I reminisce, putting together my 80's mix tape, I wanted to share one of my favorite 80's songs, definitely up there in the top five, and also probably my most favorite Duran Duran song. Yeah it's fluff, but I like it, I like the melody, and the scenery, there's something I find romantic about sailboats and Rio. Never been there, but in my fantasy world of my ideal self, I am an aspiring sailor, sailing around the world, touring Rio, looking for the New World.

Here it is. I hope you can see it. It's a classic. I'll be back in a week or so. Bon Voyage.



Update: Just found out that this video wasn't actually filmed in Rio, but on the island of Antigua. That's in the Caribbean. Notable residents include: Oprah Winfrey, Eric Clapton, and Timothy Dalton.

No comments: