Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bike Ride - Scenic 4 Mile Loop

I made some adjustments on my bicycle last night, and needed to take it for a test ride, so I went for a short 4 mile ride today to see how it handled. The problem I had was with my seat post slipping down pretty much every time I road it, no matter how much I tightened it. So last night I removed it, wiped it clean, and applied new grease to the seat post, seat rails, and attachment screws, and it appears to have done the job, because I purposely road along some very hilly and bumpy roads, and it held firmly.

I've walked this loop dozens of times, but this was the first time I did it on my bike. It was fun. Went amazingly fast, compared to walking. I'll have to do it again, soon. Maybe later this week I'll head on down to the old citrus trees growing down by where I used to live, and maybe if the conditions are right, if the fruit is ripe and nobody chases me away, I'll come back with my bicycle rack trunk full of freshly picked lemons and oranges. And if it's a success, you can count on pictures.

Here are a few pictures from today doing the scenic 4 mile loop:





No comments: