Tuesday, November 25, 2014

15 Books To Read

So I've been on a reading roll, really enjoying the fact that I can read any book I wish. No longer am I limited by financial constraints, or faced with countless disappointment after another when the local library doesn't have yet another book I wish to read. The interlibrary loan has made this possible.

I've been reading Burroughs and Bukowski, as originally planned, but am already making plans for what's next. Mostly I'm looking at quick reads, mostly fiction, stuff I can finish in a couple of days, keeping up with my maximum six book interlibrary loan checkout with no renewals. It will be awhile before I slow down to read something huge like War and Peace.

Was up last night perusing book lists on GoodReads and Amazon, putting together a list of books to read, and I came up with fifteen. By no means is the list exhaustive, it's just a starting point; something to have on hand, when I have nothing else.

I may skip around a bit, and read other books not on this list, but at some point these will be read, and I wanted to make a note of it. A few of them are available now at my local public library, but most will have to be requested via interlibrary loan, something I'm making a regular habit of.

If any title interests you, just click on the links to learn about the book. Each book has been carefully selected, and is considered to be the highest quality, though I haven't read them yet, so no guarantees.

15 Books To Read

1. The Book of Occult by Simon W. Clark.

2. The Ninth Orphan by James Morcan.

3. A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick.

4. Geek Love: A Novel by Katherine Dunn.

5. DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman.

6. White Noise by Don DeLillo.

7. Exterminator! by William S. Burroughs.

8. Ask the Dust by John Fante.

9. The Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Luis Borges.

10. Methuselah's Children by Robert A. Heinlein.

11. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.

12. Haunted: A Novel by Chuck Palahniak.

13. The 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade.

14. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.

15. The White Rose by B. Traven.

No comments: