Sunday, September 30, 2012

Shifting Gears

Well, that was fun, wasn't it? That's alright, no need to answer, I'll take your silence as a yes. Because of this challenge, of writing 20 posts in 30 days, I forced myself to write much more than I would have written otherwise. Not sure if anything exceptionally great came of it, but nonetheless, I think it was a good exercise.

I like these challenges. I'll probably do this again sometime. Though like I said before, it will be different, a different challenge for a different month.

But I'm very tired, stayed up way too late, woke up way too early, had to do some work today, manual labor, outside cleaning a patio, mopping and sweeping and scrubbing and planting and garbage collecting and disposing. It was a two hour job, but not getting much sleep the previous night, I'm pretty much worn out. So, maybe I'll take a day off, and then we'll think about what's on the agenda for October, what kind of master plan challenge I can devise for myself to share with you here, that maybe you'll find interesting and worth your while to read.

As for now, I think I'll finish off this month with a toast, and a poem that is not very good, and is so bad in fact, that it will not even be filed under poetry. It's just one of them filler posts, because I am too tired to post something brilliant, yet too obsessively competitive to allow this challenge to go unfinished.

After 20 blog posts
in 30 days,
I figured it a good
time to celebrate,
as I shift into a different gear,
I thought I'd try a new beer,
made quite appropriately
by New Belgium Brewing Company
a pale lager called Shift,
but at ten bucks a 4-pack
it's a bit of a gyp.
Though it is pretty good,
very smooth and delicious
as I expected it would,
just a tad bit too costly for my taste,
but I did get it on sale,
which was its saving grace.

Hmm, beer tasting and pictures, that's a plan,
what a good idea for October, I'll see you then.

Sampling a can of Shift
*This is post 20 of 20, part of my "20 posts in 30 days" challenge. Well, the race is over, looks like I made it. This concludes my September challenge. Now I think I'll shift into a slower speed, and take a day or two off. Thanks for reading.